Raise awareness of environmental health issues in order to better protect our children and future generations.

EMF Studies

30 August 2016

Mum's Horror as Mobile Phone that Overheated in Pram Leaves Red Burn on Baby's Leg

The mobile phone burn on Rose's skin.
A mobile phone has no business being in a pram with a baby!!

Mum's horror as mobile phone that overheated in pram leaves red burn on baby's leg
by Sarah Dale, Scott Campbell, irishmirror.ie,
25 August 2016

Rebecca Gleeson says her daughter Rose was burnt after the device accidentally switched to camera mode, which caused the screen to become hot

A mum who was left horrified after her baby was burnt in her pram by a mobile phone has issued a warning to other parents.

Rebecca Gleeson says her daughter Rose was burnt after the device accidentally switched to camera mode, which led to the screen becoming hot.

The Redcar mum was out walking with her children Evan, five, Kian, two, and Rose, five months, and her friend and her children and their dogs when Rose started crying.

“Kian had just fallen over and cut his hands so I was sorting him out,” said Rebecca, 30, who is married to Roy, 34, who runs his own business.

“Rose had had her injections on Monday and had a temperature for a couple of days so I thought she just wanted a cuddle. And as awful as it sounds I had my hands full with Kian.”

When Rebecca’s friend picked her up for a cuddle, she discovered a red burn mark on her leg, reports Gazette Live .

“I had left my phone down the side of her pram and when she has wriggled it’s gone under her leg,” said Rebecca, an administrator for a facilities management company.

“I felt horrible, I was absolutely gutted," she said. "I felt dead guilty about it. Thankfully she doesn’t seem that bothered by it.

“Everyone has said to me that they do the same - put their keys and phone in the pram - and Rose is my third and it’s never happened before.”

The family had been out for around 30 minutes yesterday afternoon when Rose began to cry.

Having discovered the burn, the mum-of-three took her to the doctor’s.

“They gave her some cream and I’m going back in the morning to get her checked,” she said.

“I’ve never heard of this happening before. I’ve seen warnings about putting your phone under your pillow but I thought it was just when they were charging.

“She must have switched the camera on and kept nudging it so it stayed lit making it get hot.”

To warn others, Rebecca shared photographs of her daughter’s injury on Facebook, with the following post: “Feeling like such a bad mammy but wanted to tell so other people don’t do it.

“Went out today and left my phone in Rose’s pram; it slipped under her leg.

“In today’s heat and I think because she pressed the button which activated the camera (leaving the screen lit) the phone has burnt her leg.

“She was sat there for about 30-35 minutes, only cried for about five minutes at the end when my friend picked her up (I was carrying Kian as he hurt himself falling). Feeling absolutely terrible.

“She’s had cream and dressed at docs and has to have it checked again Friday."

http://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/family/mums-horror-mobile-phone-overheated-8706383

No comments:

Post a Comment