Raise awareness of environmental health issues in order to better protect our children and future generations.

17 November 2017

Vietnamese Teenager Dies after Being Electrocuted by iPhone Cable in Her Sleep

Vietnamese teenager dies after being electrocuted by iPhone cable in her sleep
by Aris Folley, AOL.com, 16 November 2017

A 14-year-old girl reportedly died after being electrocuted while charging her iPhone 6.

According to the Independent, Le Thi Xoan was found unconscious by her parents with her phone lying beside her in their home in the Vietnamese region of Ha Tinh.

The teenager is believed to have rolled over her phone charging cable, which police described as frayed and "broken down," and was exposed to the live wire.

Le Thi Xoan (Facebook)

Local police Chief Tran Anh Son said the girl's parents rushed her to a nearby hospital immediately after discovering her unconscious. Medics were unable to revive the teenager and pronounced her dead shortly after.

Doctors were also able to confirm her cause of death was by electrocution.

Authorities are inspecting the charging cable to determine whether or not the device was made by Apple or a third-party.

SEE ALSO: Texas teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath

The incident arrives months after another teenager in Texas died after being electrocuted in a bathtub while charging her cell phone.

Relatives said the 14-year-old girl was either plugging in her phone while in the bathtub or grabbed the phone as it was charging before it fell into the bathtub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.