|Employees at a Houston, Texas, daycare sent a glaring message|
to parents, telling them to get off their phones and pay
attention to their children.
1st February 2017
- Juliana Farris Mazurkewicz was picking her kids up when she noticed the sign
- The sign told parents to drop their phones, calling their behavior 'appalling'
- Photo of the sign has been shared more than one million times on Facebook
- Many people chimed in to agree, while others thought it was rude
- Others defended their behavior, saying they were hard at work on their phones
Juliana Farris Mazurkewicz posted a photograph of the emphatically written sign, which racked up more than one million shares and 81,000 reactions.
The sign read: 'We have heard a child say "Mommy, mommy, mommy…" and the parent is paying more attention to their phone than their own child. It is appalling. Get off your phone!!'
Mazurkewicz admittedly had her phone in hand when she picked her kids up from the daycare outside Houston on Friday.
But she found it 'funny and relevant' and snapped a photo to share with her friends before it soon went viral.
The sign read: "You are picking up your child! GET OFF YOUR PHONE!!!! Your child is happy to see you! Are you not happy to see your child??”
'We have seen children trying to hand their parents their work they completed and the parent is on the phone.
'We have heard a child say ‘Mommy, mommy, mommy…” and the parent is paying more attention to their phone than their own child. It is appalling. Get off your phone!!'
Mazurkewicz told KARE11: 'I think that it needed to be said, that it's a good reminder to all of us. The daycare is awesome, they are very loving and obviously have the best interest of the children in mind.'