Raise awareness of environmental health issues in order to better protect our children and future generations.

EMF Studies

06 April 2013

Cell Phone Radiation May Trigger Allergies

Cell phones raise certain chemicals in the blood which provoke
allergic reactions such as eczema, asthma, and hayfever.
The 2013 allergy season  could be the worst ever.  Although some attribute this to climate change, cell phone radiation is a factor that may intensify allergic reactions.  The radiation emitted by cell phones and other wireless devices and household appliances has been called "more dangerous" than asbestos or smoking.  Yet, we continue to remain deaf, dumb, and blind to this fact.

Allergic diseases are the sixth leading cause of chronic disease in the United States, with an annual cost of $18 billion, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies annually. Asthma afflicts about 20 million Americans, and is rising around the world.

Cell Phone Radiation May Trigger Allergies
by Helen Adenforff, HealthandGoodness.com, 2008

Do you know that EMF/EMR also known as Electro pollution is considered one of the biggest stressors and health risks of the 21st century? 

The radiation from mobile phones, ipods, TV’s, computer screens, microwaves and other household appliances has been found to be more dangerous than asbestos or smoking according to one of Australia’s top neurosurgeons, DR Vini Khurana at Canberra Hospital. The World Health Authority rates EMF as a Level 2 toxin on the same level as DDT and Lead.

If skin rashes and sensitivity to dust mites and pollen bother you, a two-year old study has suggested that your mobile may be the reason.

Dr Hajime Kimata from Unitika Hospital, Kyoto, carried out research on 52 people with a history of eczema and dermatitis. Half were exposed to mobile radiation for an hour, while the others were not.

Dr. Kimata, whose findings are published in the medical journal International Archives of Allergy and Immunology, said: "When we did blood tests we found that the mobile phones had raised the levels of certain chemicals in the blood which provoke allergic reactions such as eczema, hay fever and asthma. Mobile phone radiation can 'excite' antigens - substances which cause allergies - in the bloodstreams of people who already suffer from allergies. They found that mobile users experience an increase in skin rashes or allergic reactions to dust mites and pollen.

"There was a significant increase in allergy levels which seemed to be linked to the use of mobile phones." Mobile use also appeared to worsen skin weals induced by exposure to house dust mites or pollen from cedar trees in the susceptible patients, Dr Kimata reported.

In a related report by Daily Mail in London, some mobile users have also complained that their phones appear to be either causing eczema or making it worse. Neil Warner, 38, a building company manager, said: "I have suffered from eczema for years. When I use the mobile for any length of time I notice it starts to bring out eczema on different parts of my body.

"My skin will get red and sore in various places, but particularly close to where I was using the handset. I've always had eczema on the ears and when I used the phone it seemed to make it worse."

More fashionably designed mobiles often have metallic accents and are more likely to contain nickel in their casings, which leads to what has been named ‘mobile phone dermatitis’ according to the British Association of Dermatologists.

In India a study confirmed that the human body, overwhelmed with the continual assault of wireless radiation is unable to perform normal cellular repair. The body’s exhausted immune and repair systems eventually become too decimated to do much more than survive poorly. An Indian state environment department has specified that cell towers are to be moved out of schools and at least three metres facing away from the nearest building and that the lowest end of the tower should be at least 3 metres above the ground, due to the electromagnetic fields. They also need Warning signs saying: Danger: RF Radiation: Do not Enter.

The British government has acknowledged that people suffer nausea, headaches muscle pains when exposed to electromagnetic fields from mobile phones, ipods, electricity pylons and computer screens. A Report by the Health Protection Agency states that an increasing number of British people are suffering from the syndrome and GP’s do not know how to treat sufferers. Britain will follow Sweden where electro sensitivity was recognised as a physical impairment in 2000.

In Sweden people who are allergic to electrical energy receive government support to reduce exposure in their homes and workplaces.

Some of the symptoms attributed to EMF/EMR are headaches, allergies, infertility, cancers (including breast cancer), tumours, behavioural disturbances amongst children, loss of memory, sleep problems amongst others. Use of a mobile phone when pregnant is to be avoided.

The five most common symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are:

· skin itch/rash/flushing/burning, and/or tingling
· confusion/poor concentration, and/or memory loss
· fatigue and weakness
· headache
· chest pain and heart problems

Less commonly reported symptoms include:

· nausea
· panic attacks
· insomnia
· seizures
· ear pain/ringing in the ears
· feeling a vibration
· paralysis
· dizziness

Copyright 2008 Helen Aadendorff

http://www.healthandgoodness.com/article/cell-phone-radiation-and-allergies.html

2 comments:

  1. This is really important information and we've tweeted the article out. It is particularly interesting how Sweden has always been more advanced with research and more active in protecting its citizens.

    We are an independent company that produces mobile phone cases with radiation-protection lining that reduces the exposure to radiation for the user.

    We have more information and more links to great and informative articles like yours at http://riobodysafe.webs.com/

    RiO Bodysafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information. We have found some interesting articles from your links.

      Sweden may be more advanced with research and more active in protecting its citizens - especially compared to Switzerland!, however at the recent Electrosmog Congress in Bern, Dr. Lennart Hardell, leading Swedish researcher in the field, said that electrohypersensitivity was not recognized as a physical disease. It has not been assigned a code in the International Classification of Diseases.

      Delete